We are offering the following courses for 2022-23. There are all on FIND Teacher Training
|Subject||Course Code||HEI Provider|
|Art & Design||AP35||Liverpool Hope University|
|Biology||AP36||Liverpool Hope University|
|Chemistry||AP37||Liverpool Hope University|
|Computer Science with ICT||24QC||Liverpool Hope University|
|Drama||AP42||Liverpool Hope University|
|English||24PP||Liverpool Hope University|
|French||2P42||Liverpool Hope University|
|Geography||AP43||Liverpool Hope University|
|History||AP44||Liverpool Hope University|
|Mathematics||AP45||Liverpool Hope University|
|Music||AP46||Liverpool Hope University|
|Physical Education (PE)||AP47||Liverpool Hope University|
|Physics||H699||Liverpool Hope University|
|Religious Education (RE)||AP48||Liverpool Hope University|
|Spanish||2P3Z||Liverpool Hope University|
Secondary School Direct Programme
A warm welcome to the St James's School Direct Partnership (part of the Train Teach Lead Partnership) and thank you for taking time to find out more about our Secondary School Direct Programme.
Within our programme, trainees enjoy a blended programme which includes;
- Attending group training session with the cohort of Secondary trainees, receiving high quality practitioner-led training, peer support and joint practice development opportunities.
- School-led professional learning where you would be able to take advantage of a range of professional development opportunities within your own school and schools within the Alliance.
- Attending high quality training provided by other schools and the Partnership throughout the year.
- Attending Liverpool Hope in line with the expectations as specified in our bespoke programme.
- Focussed support and mentoring, by the very best practitioners within their own school.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking for people who are MAD
Can you Make A Difference? We are looking for high quality graduates and career changers who want to make a difference to children and young people, to embark on our Initial Teacher Training Programme. We are looking to recruit outstanding trainees who have real potential to teach with the following personal qualities;
- Experience of working with young people
- Passion and knowledge in your subject area
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Willingness to be involved in the wider life of the school/extracurricular activities
Liverpool Hope Requirements for Secondary School Direct
- Degree classification of 2:2 or above (check individual courses as some require a 2:1 classification)
- The degree must be related to or cover at least 50% of the subject area you want to teach.
- GCSEs in Mathematics and English Language - Grade C/4 or above (equivalency tests accepted from ITT HEI institutions)
- Subject specific requirements
Qualifications not accepted:
Key Skills. Adult Numeracy and Literacy, OCR National Award.
- It is beneficial to have some school experience before applying but not essential, if you would like to book onto a school experience day please contact email@example.com
How do placements work?
During the year you will be attached to a main school (placement A) for terms 1 and carry out a contrasting placement in another Partnership school (placement B) for term 2 & 3. Also within our programme you will spend time in Primary and Post 16 setting and have opportunities to visit alternative education provision via the Bolton Impact Trust. this is designed to enhance and extend your knowledge of how pupils learn and how to create the very best teaching and learning environment.
Towards the end of the programme, trainees will be fully supported to seek and obtain employment. We currently have a 100% conversion rate from trainees who complete the course into full time employment, with the vast majority being employed within the local area.