You can view our Primary Course for 2022-23 on FIND Teacher Training
|Course||Course Code||HEI Provider|
|Primary||AP49||Liverpool Hope University|
Primary School Direct
A warm welcome to the St James's School Direct Partnership and thank you for taking time to find out more about our primary school direct programme. The Farnworth primary schools work within the Train Teach Lead Partnership, providing a bespoke primary school direct programme for our trainees. Headteachers in Farnworth (working together under the Farnworth Learning Collaborative) are determined to attract outstanding practitioners into their schools and work collaboratively to ensure our programme supports this.
Within our programme, trainees enjoy a blended programme which includes;
- Attending a weekly group training session (usually half a day) with the group of primary trainees, receiving high quality practitioner-led training, peer support and joint practice development opportunities.
- School-led professional learning where you would be able to take advantage of a range of professional development opportunities within your own school.
- Attending high quality training provided by other primary schools and the teaching school throughout the year.
- Attending Liverpool Hope in line with the expectations as specified in our bespoke programme.
- Focussed support and mentoring, by the very best practitioners within their own school.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking for people who are MAD
Can you Make A Difference? We are looking for high quality graduates and career changers who want to make a difference to children and young people, to embark on our Initial Teacher Training Programme. We are looking to recruit outstanding trainees who have real potential to teach with the following personal qualities;
- 2:1 degree
- GCSE in Mathematics, English Language and Science - Grade C/4 or above- (equivalency tests accepted from ITT HEI institutions)
- experience of working with Early Years/ primary age children
- ability to work as a team player
- good interpersonal skills with adults and children
- genuine openness to improvement, through continued professional development
- the ability to be reflective in practice
School experience is beneficial to your application but not essential. If you wish to book school experience please contact firstname.lastname@example.org